Reef Daytripper Info
Avoid the crowds and set sail to the picturesque Upolu Reef on-board Reef Daytripper for a relaxing yet fun filled sailing trip. Reef Daytripper is a small sailing catamaran with a friendly, relaxed atmosphere offering sailing, snorkelling and diving on the Great Barrier Reef.
What makes it great?
- 2 different Reef destinations
- An enchanting Catamaran with plenty of room
- Professional, friendly and personalised service
- Small passenger numbers - maximum 20 guests
- Hands-on sailing or complete relaxation
- Relax on the Bownets
- 'D' Finger, Marlin Marina (Near Reef Fleet Terminal)
- Board at 07:30am for an 07:45am departure
- Returns between 4:30pm & 4:45pm
- Please advise if you have a flight departing that evening
Your day includes:
- All snorkelling equipment & Safety tuition
- 4 Hours to visit two reef locations at Upolu Reef
- Reef Education Presentation
- Tropical buffet lunch
- Fruit & cheese platter with wine
- Guided snorkel tour
- PADI scuba demonstration (Introductory Divers)
- EMC (Reef tax)
- Introductory OR Certified Diving
- Hotel Transfers
- Wetsuit / Stinger Suit Hire - $6:00 p/p
Upolu Reef is a very beautiful location which lies at the very edge of the Outer Barrier Reef and is teeming with a large variety of interesting marine life and a beautiful array of corals. In the relatively sheltered lagoon you will see a multitude of giant clams, turtles, sea stars and reef fish. This offers a perfect snorkelling or diving experience in warm clear protected waters. A snorkel guide is available at the first site which offers a fun, informative and interactive introduction to the days exploration.
What to Bring:
- Hat & Sunglasses
- Sunscreen & a T shirt to snorkel in
- Towel & warm jumper
Important info you need to know:
- Be aware snorkelling & diving may be a strenuous activity - All snorkelling & diving are subject to completion of on-board medical questionnaire /declaration.
- A history of asthma, heart, ear and other medical conditions may preclude a passenger from diving. Please discuss existing medical conditions with staff prior to travel.
- Divers 65 yrs and over must provide a current AS4005-1 dive medical prior to travel.
- Certified divers must show an internationally recognised scuba card.
- In the interests of safety we recommend no flying within 24hours of last dive.
- All trips/dives are weather permitting at captains/drivers discretion- No refund for incomplete dives.
- Should a trip be cancelled passengers may be offered an alternative day for lost time/trip or alternatively a full or partial refund.
GREAT NEWS! All payments made to Travstar do not incur a credit card surcharge.
Would highly recommend
Most enjoyable trip, crew were excellent and it was amazing to go snorkelling over the Reef.
Would highly recommend this particular boat as the numbers were small and the personal attention was superb
Posted By Althea Riding-williams
Enjoyed the trip
The boat was a relatively small and a bit crowded. Otherwise enjoyed the trip.
Posted By Eric Van Gilder
Great crew food very nice everyone onboard had a great time
Posted By Cherryl Pages-Oliver
Great day out. The crew are great people and the reef outstanding. Would highly recommend above the larger boats.
Posted By Nerina Clare
A fabulous day, the trip was excellent.
A fabulous day, the trip was excellent. The staff knowledgable and friendley, without being over the top, and I noticed they made sure they spent time with all of the day trippers individually, and answered any questions.
The food was excellent, and plenty to go round.
I am pleased we chose to go on a smaller craft, it was the right choice for us and I would highly recommend.
Posted By Carol Trigger
I cannot rate this trip highly enough! i did my first scuba trip and Iris had incredible patience with me. It was the most amazing experience EVER!
Posted By Jan Channer
crew were very helpful
I was seasick both going and returning, but apart from that it was a good day, and the crew were very helpful.
Posted By Suzanne Hume
small group was wonderful
Traveling to the Great Barrier Reef with a small group was wonderful. I felt like the staff was attentive to everyone from beginners like myself to advance divers.
Posted By Winona Kennedy
The crew was amazing and the entire experience was very personalized. The Scuba diving was an experience of a lifetime that no one should miss out on, with an amazing instructor who made you comfortable even if you were a first-timer. The intimate setting of only 20 patrons to 3 crew members enhanced the breathtaking experience of visiting one of the 7 wonders of the world, the great barrier reef.
Posted By Alyssa Fenwick
A very good experience.
A very good experience.
Posted By Julia Phaneuf
We were highly impressed with every part of the trip. The boat was immaculate, crew were extremely helpful, food was plentiful and the atmosphere was friendly and relaxed. Highly recommend to anyone.
Posted By Ewan McAllister
really good with the kids
We had a great day out. The crew were fantastic and really good with the kids.
Posted By Rebecca Muddle
Wonderful day. The staff were very friendly and helpful.
Posted By Emma Goosey
Posted By Rhiannon Box
an exceptional day
A friendly & professional team made for an exceptional day on the reef. Would definitely recommend to others!
Posted By Cathy Puglisi
staff were very friendly
The staff were very friendly and a pleasure to hang out with. The locations we went snorkelling were great and it was good that we went to more than one. Would recommend these guys anyday!! Thanks for a great day out :)
Posted By Jo Newall
A relaxed atmosphere
A terrific day where the crew made good on their advertised promise of friendly, personalised service. Keeping numbers to twenty made for a relaxed atmosphere. The crew were very attentive to my kids - really making the day of my youngest (11 years). Well done Reef Daytripper!
Posted By William Van Pinxteren
experience we wanted
This was just the sort of reef experience we wanted. Small numbers meant that you got to talk to fellow travellers and you were not crowded on the reef. Sailing was all part of the expereince not just a means to get there and operators very friendly.
Posted By Judi Taylor
A brilliant day
A brilliant day. A great crew - really friendly and knowlegable, a lovely boat, beatuiful coral and reams of colourful fish....what more could you want - oh yes great food and a glass of wine too!
Posted By Angela Cooper
Reef Daytripper Rates
All prices shown in Australian Dollars
Prices valid from now until 31 December 2019
Child Age = 4-14 years
WE DO NOT CHARGE BOOKING FEES OR CREDIT CARD SURCHARGES
Need Help With Your Booking?Our Cairns Office is open again in 10 hours
About Travstar Booking Requests
There are some things a computer can't do.
We love helping people plan their holidays and we want to make sure we get it right.
Some holiday packages can be quite complicated with multiple tours and accommodation, pick-up times and extras.
That's why every booking made through a Travstar Website is checked by our local consultants.
It takes a little bit longer to get your tickets but we want to make sure everything is going to run smoothly for you.
How long wil it take to get my tickets?
Our team are alerted to new booking requests as they come in. During office hours you can expect to have your tickets within an hour or two.
After office hours your tickets may take up to 12 hours to arrive.