Passions Of Paradise Info
Passions of Paradise visits two unique outer reef locations on the Great Barrier Reef.
The crew at Passions are dedicated to providing a truly unique and personalised reef experience.
Award Winners: Having recently won the Queensland State Tourism Awards Hall of Fame for Adventure Tourism you can be confident you are in great company. Passions of Paradise is also awarded as a Climate Innovator with Eco-Tourism Australia. Passions of Paradise have made significant progress towards reducing their carbon and environmental footprint.
Passions of Paradise can legally carry 140 passengers however the maximum number of guests is 100 passengers. There's plenty of room for guests to spread out. It's 30 metres long and it's a cat so it's wide. This vessel has two levels.
Included in your day:
- Sailing on stylish and fast catamaran
- 2 Outer Reef locations
- Dedicated snorkelling instructor:
- FREE tuition for those who want to learn to snorkel
- FREE Guided Snorkel Tour
- On-board marine naturalist presentation on coral
- Snorkel gear including masks, snorkels, fins and floatation vests to aid non swimmers
- 10 minute FREE scuba diving demonstration
- Morning tea including freshly brewed coffee and muffins
- Lunch consists of a huge chef prepared tropical smorgasbord including two hot dishes, a full range of cold meats, salads and fresh tropical fruit as well as fresh bread rolls and prawns.
- Cheese platter for afternoon tea
Two unique outer reef sites visited daily:
Each day we will select the site best suited to the weather conditions to give our guests the best possible experience. Our exclusive moorings include Flynn - Little Tracey, Flynn - Point Break, Milne - Three Sisters, Milne - The Whale, Milne - The Edge, Milne - The Drop, Thetford - 360. Thetford - Nolans Bommie, Moore - East Timor, Moore - West Timor, Moore - 5 Ways, Moore - Wildside, Pretty Patches, Breaking Patches - Long Bommie, Breaking Patches - Paradise Reef, Hastings Reef - 1770, Hastings Reef - Stepping Stones, Hastings Reef - Split Bommie and Norman Reef and so on...
All sites include stunning coral gardens, structures and fish. Some are notable for swim-throughs while others have very shallow lagoons. All reefs are different but you can be assured of having an enjoyable day with the best possible reef options offered on the day subject to tides and weather conditions.
Certified scuba divers can experience depths of up to 25 meters along the edge, water clarity is good and the Outer Reef is host to many exciting fish species.
Optional Extras: (charges apply)
Introductory diving is safe, fun, easy and the best way to see the Great Barrier Reef. You will be given a full on-deck briefing, shown how the equipment works and in small groups of no more than 4 divers, be led on a diving instructor controlled dive.
A FREE "try before you dive" policy which means that you are welcome to join in the briefings, get into the water and use the apparatus for approximately 5 minutes before deciding to continue with the dive.
Certified Diving: Includes fully guided dive with all your equipment, including wetsuits and computers.
Prescription Masks and Lycra/wet suits are available on board.
Cairns Hotel Transfers: If you would like Cairns accommodation transfers from your hotel in Cairns, please let us know the name of your Cairns accommodation when booking so that we can make these arrangements. Most Hotels in Cairns are close to the Reef Fleet Terminal and generally it is easy to walk here from most hotels in Cairns City.
Northern Beaches Hotel Transfers: If you are staying in Cairns Northern Beaches accommodation it is also possible to arrange for your hotel transfers. Please let us know the name of your accommodation when booking
Underwater digital camera hire, T-shirts, assorted quality beers, wine and soft drinks.
Things to know about Scuba Diving:
- Under Australian scuba diving legislation, all scuba divers are required to complete a dive medical form on board the vessel. A copy can be downloaded here.
- Passengers with a history of asthma, heart, ear and other medical conditions may be precluded from diving. 18 hours surface interval is recommended before flying. Please be certain of your clear health condition before booking the scuba dive option.
- Minimum age for scuba diving is 12 years.
- Check-in Reef Fleet Terminal, Cairns at 7:30am for an 8am departure.
- The Reef Fleet Terminal is located at 1 Spence St.
- The trip returns into Cairns at 5pm.
What to Bring:
Bring, hat, sunscreen, bathing gear, sunglasses, towel, etc. as you would for travelling to the beach.