2 Day Michaelmas Cay & Cape Tribulation Adventure Info
2 day Michaelmas Cay & Cape Tribulation Adventure
An exciting tour combination as you visit Michaelmas Cay on the World Heritage listed Great Barrier Reef followed by a day exploring the ancient Daintree Rainforest, take a river cruise and see the amazing landscapes of the Cape Tribulation wilderness area.
Day 1 - Ocean Spirit Cruises - 8.30am departure
Set sail aboard a 32 metre luxury sailing catamaran for a day to remember with a wide range of activities. Michaelmas Cay is a unique reef environment. Be active and enjoy all included activities - snorkel, cruise in the semi-submersible for a diver's view of the reef, watch the fish feeding and discover the island bird life. Explore the island, or if you prefer just relax, soak up the tropical atmosphere under the sails and enjoy a leisurely day on the Great Barrier Reef! The choice is yours!
Michaelmas Cay is a picturesque vegetated sand cay encircled a spectacular fringing reef of magical coral gardens teeming with an incredible diversity of marine life. The Cay is a protected seabird sanctuary playing host to over 20,000 migratory seabirds, one of the most important nesting sites in the Southern Hemisphere.
First time swimmers and non-swimmers can learn how to snorkel from the shallows of the cay.
4 full hours at Michaelmas Cay on the reef
Semi-submersible coral viewing tour with commentary
Morning tea with muffins, focaccia, tea & coffee
Delicious hot & cold buffet lunch including seafood
Afternoon cakes, tropical fruit platter, tea & coffee
Snorkelling equipment (mask, snorkel, fins) and instruction
Marine Biologist presentation
Glass of sparkling, cheese & crackers on homeward journey
8:00am: Boarding commences. Complimentary tea and coffee, served until departure.
8:30am: Depart Cairns for the Great Barrier Reef.
9:00am: Safety demonstration, reef brief, snorkelling and dive demonstration.
9:30am: Informative Marine Biologist slide show presentation.
10:30am: Arrive at Michaelmas Cay. Reef activities commence including snorkelling, coral viewing on-board air-conditioned semi-submersible, beach walks, scuba diving and swimming.
12:00pm: Buffet lunch served on-board.
1:00pm: Continuation of reef activities.
2:30pm: Afternoon tea is served. On completion of a safety head count, depart Michaelmas Cay for a return sail to Cairns.
5:00pm: Arrive at Cairns.
8:30am from Cairns Reef Fleet Terminal and returning 5pm.
Check-in at Great Adventures/Ocean Spirit counter from 7:45am inside Reef Fleet Terminal, 1 Spence St Cairns
Optional extras: (charges apply)
Snorkelling tours with the Marine Biologist
Certified and introductory diving
Drinks & snacks from the fully licensed bar
Sunscreen lotions and underwater cameras
Hire of wet/stinger suits
On board video and photography
A range of quality souvenirs and merchandise
Cairns City and Northern Beaches (Trinity Beach, Palm Cove)Transfers
WHAT TO BRING:
Swimming costume & towel
Hat & sunscreen
Sunglasses and camera
Cash/credit card for drinks, souvenirs and merchandise, diving and wetsuits.
Day 2 - Billy Tea Safaris | Cape Tribulation and Daintree Rainforest
Billy Tea Safaris is a locally owned operator, which operates small personalised tours to Cape Tribulation. Your naturalist guides have extensive knowledge of flora, fauna, history of the area and aboriginal culture, which will ensure you day will be a memory of a life time.
Why we like it?
- Custom built air-con Safari vehicle
- Exotic fruit & Billy Tea
- Passionate knowledgeable guides
- Freshly cooked lunch
- Small Personalised tours - maximum 14 guests
- Exclusive freshwater swim at Emmagen Creek
- Exclusive tour 4WD only Bloomfield Track
- Cairns from 7am and returns 6:30pm
- Northern Beaches from 7:20am and returns 6:00pm
- Port Douglas from 8:20am and returns 5:30pm
Your tour includes:
- Environmentalist driver / guide
- Courtesy hotel pick-up and return
- Scenic coastal drive
- 1 hour Daintree River Cruise and morning tea
- Alexandra Range Lookout
- Guided National Park elevated boardwalk tour
- Hand feed kangaroos
- Tropical BBQ lunch (please advise of any dietary requirements)
- Walk on Cape Tribulation beach or Botanical Boardwalk (swimming is allowed seasonally)
- Drive north along the scenic coastal route along the Captain Cook Highway learning about the history of the area and admiring spectacular views of the coast line and Coral Sea.
- Stop at the Majestic Daintree River for Morning Tea before enjoying a guided River Cruise on the Daintree River. Learn of Estuarine Crocodiles, mangrove forests and endemic wildlife.
- Ascend the Alexandra Range and pause for a panoramic view of World Heritage Rainforest merging with the azure colours of the Coral Sea. Experience the rainforest on one of the guided elevated Boardwalks.
- Travel onto Lync Haven animal refuge where you have the opportunity to hand feed a kangaroo and get up close to some of Australia’s wildlife. Enjoy a gourmet barbecue lunch with freshly prepared salads in a beautiful rainforest setting restaurant.
- Travel through spectacular Rainforest as you pass Cape Tribulation and continue along the 4WD Bloomfield Track through to Emmagen Creek. Time for a refreshing rainforest stream swim, in crystal clear freshwaters.
- Visit Cape Tribulation Beach . Stroll along the beach and boardwalk to the photographers' platform overlooking the mountains and coast where the 'Rainforest meets the Reef'
- Time permitting stop at the Daintree Ice Cream Factory. Your taste buds will be tantalized with exotic tropical fruit home-made ice cream. Sample unique flavours, such as Black Sapote, Soursop, and Coconut just to name a few. (Additional cost)
- After a short afternoon refreshment stop, cross the Daintree River by cable ferry and begin the homeward journey.
Please Note: This tour runs in reverse occasionally.
What to Bring:
- Comfortable clothing & footwear
- Water bottle
- Swimmers & towel
- Sunscreen and insect repellent
- Money for Ice cream (Subject to time)
GOOD NEWS: All payments made to Travstar do not incur a credit card surcharge.
2 Day Michaelmas Cay & Cape Tribulation Adventure Rates
Need Help With Your Booking?Our Cairns Office is Currently Open
About Travstar Booking Requests
There are some things a computer can't do.
We love helping people plan their holidays and we want to make sure we get it right.
Some holiday packages can be quite complicated with multiple tours and accommodation, pick-up times and extras.
That's why every booking made through a Travstar Website is checked by our local consultants.
It takes a little bit longer to get your tickets but we want to make sure everything is going to run smoothly for you.
How long wil it take to get my tickets?
Our team are alerted to new booking requests as they come in. During office hours you can expect to have your tickets within an hour or two.
After office hours your tickets may take up to 12 hours to arrive.